At Greenfields we provide a full Caravan service this is sometimes classed by others as a Premium or Premier service , where everything is checked, to up hold the manufactures warranty, also allows you to make a claim as soon as possible to your dealer / manufacture of such issues if we are not able to perform these in house.
We recommend this is carried out annually to ensure safety of your unit for you and others.
We follow the strict guidelines which are laid out by the National Caravan Council (NCC)
As we are an Approved Workshop (AWS), we are able to perform a service on your Motorhome or Caravan to help keeps its warranty.
This means you don't have to take them back to your dealer you brought it from you can have us to service it ,if you are in our working area. Click here for more information about the AWS scheme and what manufactures are covered
We don't rush, your caravan will be in safe hands, we like to take our time to get it right. a service can take up to 4 hours to complete the service / inspection and will provide you with a detailed report at the end by our qualified technicians and will discuss any problems that we find at the end or point out issues during the service for you to see.
The price includes the Hub Nuts, Known as (One Shot Nuts) These have to be changed every-time the hub has been removed, also VAT.
This Service can be booked through our 'On-line Booking Service' Just complete the form in full
Here is a comprehensive list of items that we check and service
Caravan Full Service
The price for our a caravan complete service is from £310. for a Single Axle and from £350 for a Twin, and can be booked via our online booking service or give the office a call on 01344 231153
- Check condition and security of body panels
- Check operation of door locks, catches and hinges and lubricate
- Check condition and security of all trims, inserts and sealants
- Check windows and seals for damage
- Check condition and security of grab handles
- Check security of body attachments (ladders, aerials, cycle racks etc)
Body work Interior
- Check floor for delamination
- Check operation of cupboard hinges, catches, locks and stays
- Check operation and condition of all window catches, stays and seals
- Check operation and security of all skylights
- Check operation of blinds and fly screens. Adjust if required
- Check fixed ventilation openings for free flow of air
- Use Damp meter to test for presence of moisture as per the AWS test procedure.
- Provide full damp report
Gas Supply and Appliances
- Check regulator performance and carry out leak test
- Check condition and date of flexible hose
- Check condition and security of all pipe work
- Check condition of LPG sticker on locker and security of gas bottles
- Check gas dispersal holes for obstructions
- Check fridge ignition, FFD and cooling
- Check operation of cooker, hob and oven. Ignition, flame and FFD
- Check operation of space heater. Ignition, flame and FFD
- Check operation of water heater. Ignition, flame and FFD
- Check operation and condition of external gas point if fitted
- Test for Carbon Monoxide (with a Gas flue Analyser)
(FFD = Flame Failure Device)
Note: Whilst fridge operation is checked the fridge is not actually serviced. A fridge service is a long job and charged for appropriately.
Electrical Systems 240v
- Check condition of inlet plug and hook up cable (when available)
- Check Operation of RCD,MCB’s and earth bonding
- Check condition of wiring, sockets and fixed connections
- Check operation of battery charger
- Check mains operation of fridge
- Check mains operation of cooker and hob
- Check mains operation of water heater
- Check mains operation of space heater
Electrical Systems 12v
- Check condition of 12 'N' and 12 'S' ( 13 pin ) plugs and cables
- Check condition and operation of road lights and reflectors
- Check condition of wiring, sockets and fuses
- Check functions of charging, fridge, lights and ATC / IDC
- Check operation of battery charger
- Check condition of battery. Clean and lubricate terminals
- Check operation of all 12v lights including awning light
- Check blown air system
Water System and Appliances
- Check operation and condition of water pump
- Check operation of pressure switch and adjust if required
- Check condition of water filter and housing (replace filter if required)
- Check operation of taps and shower fittings (including external taps if fitted)
- Check overall condition of fresh and waste water pipes and fittings
- Check toilet for operation and condition of seal, blade and flush
- Check drain plugs for seal and operation (Drain down system in winter)
Fire and safety
- Check condition of security, smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- Check condition, type and expiry date of fire extinguisher
- Check condition and location of fire blanket
- Check operation, function and safety of DIY additions ( only install of such items not functionality)
Chassis and Running Gear
- Check coupling head and safety catch for wear and lubricate if required
- Check and clean pad and ball acting stabiliser
- Check condition and routing of breakaway cable and clip
- Check operation of overrun piston and lubricate
- Check operation of jockey wheel clean and lubricate
- Check operation of handbrake and lubricate
- Check brake rods, cables and supports
- Remove wheels and check tyres for wear, damage, age and pressure
- Remove brake drums check bearings, seals and linings. Clean and lubricate
- Replace drum with new split pin or one shot nut and torque as required
- Adjust brakes at drum and check free play in the linkage and at handbrake
- Replace road wheel sand torque wheel nuts / bolts to manufacturers settings
- Check condition and security of chassis and attachment to body
- Check operation of suspension assemblies
- Check corner steadies operation and lubricate
- Check spare wheel carrier and folding step for operation and lubricate
Due to the nature of a Motorhome built on a vehicle chassis we will only be able to perform a Habitation check, and no running gear / engine or road lights will be tested due the service.
However we have a great working relationship with an external company that can service the engine side also do MOT's.
Please drop us an email if you would like details about the engine side of the service. firstname.lastname@example.org
There maybe an additional charge for a water ingress pack for warranty servicing on Knaus / Dethleffs caravans or motorhomes.
Remember: Book Early as we get very busy.
The prices stated includes VAT an 'hub nuts' but excludes consumables eg: batteries, bulbs and repairs.
Repairs are at an additional cost and may not be able to be performed during a service due to time and parts available. A new appointment can be arranged at a later date.
Caravan / motorhome to be cleared inside to enable the technicians to work and gain access to perform their job efficiently.
From time to time a service may take longer than expected, especially if we haven't worked on your LV before. so please allow time.
Although we will try and accommodate on the date you have requested your service we can not guaranty, we will try to and find a day that would suit you.
Should we find that your Caravan or Motorhome is deemed not safe or not cost effective to continue to carry out the service we will stop explain the issue and only charge you the minimum charge of £95.00.
Caravans can be left at our workshop overnight but this will be at your own risk and Greenfields can not be held responsible for lost or damage. This is due to the site is not owned by us so we are not able to insure your caravan. If you are unsure if your insurance will cover you whilst on site, we recommend you not to leave it with us and come back during office hours.
Greenfields is a limited company, the engineers have been trained by manufactures and in house. All staff are employed. We don't use engineers trading as Greenfields as this helps us keep the standard of work high and control on pricing. We are also able to repair faults not just provide you with a fault sheet. Greenfields is not to be confused with other companies that provide a mobile servicing which is a franchise although our prices are similar.